Sunday, July 03, 2011

 

Feature Phone Arabic English Vocabulary table test

Hi english-via-computer occasionals who read or bump into this blog,
attached
I downloaded a trial version of DreamweaverCS5.5 to see what my vocabulary sheets looked like in a blackberry. I made a template with narrow columns so that a short sentence and arabic would appear on the tiny Blackberry screen(sample ). I know a lot of students are fascinated by blackberry and iPhone, but whether they would scroll down through the vocab lists on their blackberry, I don't know.

Do you know if it would be easy to add pictures, and maybe voice recordings to such a template? One caveat, though, to keep the narrow columns for Blacberry on the web page, I have to copy and paste the Word 2003 templete into FrontPage 2003 from a Windows XP computer. When I copy and paste the table from my Windows 7 computer, it expands the second column...but leaves the text scrunched together, which is no good for the Blackberry.

I've tried downloading Microsoft's new version of the old FrontPage 2003, Expression Web 4, but it also expands the second column when the table is pasted into it.

Actually, I'm probably just spinning wheels on this Blackberry idea, but it seems since the Univ. givres wifi to students with iPhones and Blackberries, it would be nice to get them to do something "academic" with it instead of just "texting" all the time. But it would take too much time to design the vocabulary sheets really professionally. I thought I might be able to make a start, though, by just copying and pasting from the word vocabulary sheets.

Sorry for the verbiage rubbish. I'll put this on my blog where nobody will read it anyway. http://www.englishviacomputer.blogspot.com

Have a good summer.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?