Tuesday, January 25, 2011

 

no success making a netbook boot Apple and Windows!

I've tried everything to get Windows XP first on the FAT partition and then on the Free Space partition that iDeneb Disk Utility makes, but I can't get it to boot back into the Leopard (Mac) system.

I give up. I'll either have to be content with Windows 7 Starter on my netbook with all the functionality, or be content with only iDeneb (Leopard 10.5.8) and getting on the internet with a USB G3 stick, or, perhaps, buy an AirBook ethernet adapter to link my University Ethernet ADSL cable.

I thought of Apple's system 7.5, that I used to have on my Mac from Univ. of Michigan. I thought of those days, how simple and logical they were, as I struggled with all the problems with Microsoft's System 7...it won't even network with a Windows XP computer. Perhaps the new macbooks can't either. Perhaps it is just my old PowerBook G4, with Tiger, that can network to Windows XP.

Ah.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?