Saturday, January 08, 2011

 

Leopard 10.5.8 -x = "start in safe mode"

When I checked "Activity Monitor" in Utilties, I found that I actually did not have dual core running in my iDeneb computer; so I tried the code suggested by a hacker. I made a plist that I put the words cu=2 in the place of cp=1 and called it apple.comBoot.plist-backup, and put it in the System Configuration folder, then, applied this formula in Terminal

sudo cp /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist-backup

Actually, this transerred the cp-1 to my plist-backup; so I learned that I had to kind of reverse the source. When I did that, it did indeed transfer the cpu-2 to the com.apple.Boot.plist. But when I tried to restart, I couldn't get back into the iDeneb. I had to start over with the restoraton CD's of the Windows 7 Starter so that I could apply the iDeneb installer.

I guess, even though I might try the little change with Terminal, and Then, run the voodoo to reset the PS2 mouse--one of the things that seem to have gone wrong, it might work. But, on the other hand, I don't think I want to try...could, perhaps...but the error report, as far as I could see, also said that the computer could no longer recognise what system it is running. I have learned that one can type -x to start up iDeneb in safe mode, or start Leopard in safe mode.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?